Monday, March 21, 2011

Star Spotting



In New York City time was made to be spent star spotting... oh wait... maybe that's LA. Regardlessly I haven't seen anyone yet! Maybe I have, but my head has been in the clouds so I missed it. I did see JLo at the social security office, but let's face it - probability that it was actually JLo collecting welfare? Got to be quite low. Then again, she did say she was still Jenny from the block.

So when I say I haven't seen anyone yet, since Saturday, I can't be certain that that is the case anymore. I may have seen two of the most famous celebrities in NYC (getting carried away again).

I have become hooked on an MTV show called My Life as Liz. It is a drama about a girl who has moved from Texas to New York to study art history at NYU. If a little whinny she is very cool. It's fun watching her settle into NY while I do the same myself (minus the Texas/NY love triangle).

Anyway, the point is I think I saw her New York love interest, Louis, on the subway (pictured below). At first I was 100% certain it was him. E was with me and I quickly pointed him out. She wasn't too sure though. He didn't seem as happy as the character - and the fact that he didn't flinch at two girls giggling madly beside him was a pretty good indicator that he had no idea we were laughing at him. If he really was famous he would have known what we were up to. Conclusion: I am only 65% sure I saw Louis from My Life as Liz on the subway.


Later on the same day I was wandering alone through the Village. I was walking down a very quiet street. Standing outside one of the townhouses were two men in tuxedos smoking and looking extremely proud of themselves. One of them was a blond with an Australian accent. The other was shorter, brown hair. A spitting image of Eric Van Der Woodsen from Gossip Girl. He knew that I was trying to discretely figure out who he was (which made it very difficult to get a good look). He also sounded exactly like Eric. And let's face it - he must have been someone to be standing outside a secret club (I may or may not be making that part up) in a tux on a Saturday afternoon. Conclusion: I am 83% sure I saw Eric from Gossip Girl in the Village.



* Update April 2 - I found out that the guy who plays Eric goes to NYU in real life and is often seen in the area I spotted him... sounds like 83% can be corrected to 100%!!

No comments:

Post a Comment