Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I Think You're Crazy

Last week somebody gave me some brilliant advice:

"There is always a crazy person in the subway - if you can't see them then it must be you."




This knowledge has improved my subway trips ten fold. Now every time an obviously mad person gets on the subway (we are talking about people singing, rocking aggressively in their seats, shouting and just plain stinking up the place - sorry for outing you K) I laugh think - Look on the bright side - at least now everyone isn't looking at me thinking "what a nut case!" 


Just as with any place, in New York crazy people seem to be everywhere. My usual tactic is to avoid eye contact and keep walking (happens everytime I look in the mirror). On Sunday morning I went for a walk and stopped for a cupcake break (needed to refuel any calories burnt). I was sitting on some stairs in a park munching away when a scruffy looking man approached me. He had a set of messages written on cards. I ignored him in the hopes he would leave me be and he did (after some grunting and stammering)... I was glad that he was gone, but being a little crazy myself I was super curious as to what the cards said.

I know most people hate me for my love of reading over shoulders... but I couldn't help it, when the man moved on to another innocent person I read over them. His cards said:

Card 1: Who is a slut?
Card 2: Charlie Sheen
Card 3: Could I have a buck?

Best part was - the message was working. He was racking in the dollar bills. Got to love New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment