Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Five Star Dining in New York

This evening I had the best meal of my entire life. OK maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit... but it was pretty good. Essentially, my Mum and Dad made dinner for me in NYC!

When I arrived back at the apartment this evening there was a package. I thought it was my social security number... In hindsight that was a bit silly, the box was far to big.


Inside were the three foods I miss the most!
  • Vegemite - I didn't think I'd miss it because I rarely eat it
  • Nescafe - I didn't realise I can't live without it!
  • Maggie Mie - I didn't realise I wouldn't be able to find this dietary staple!!!



(Oh and also a large quantity of hairnets... probably to help support my career in the food industry.)

It was time to cook (Ok I admit it wasn't really cooking) up a feast!

I had purchased frozen vegetables a couple of days ago - but when I got home and realised frozen vegetables have absolutley no use if you don't have Maggi... But now I had a chance to use them. See below the greatest meal in the entire world.... Maggie Mie with frozen vegetables and instant coffee. So good.


The Chef would like to thank her Mummy and Daddy for making me the best dinner ever. I only wish I had the little vacuum from home to clean up all the noodles I spilt on the floor!! Can you please send that over in the next package? 

Actually what I should make next is Tuna and Pasta... they have tuna and pasta here too.... The hairnets may just come in handy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Dude. Just bulk catching up on your blogs. THIS IS WHAT YOU MEANT BY MAGGIE MIE!

    Oh so fail! Apologies for not getting you the 2 minute maggie mie!, but mie goreng >.<

    ReplyDelete