Thursday, March 31, 2011

Slam Dunk!

This evening Pants' better half, N, took us all to a game at Madison Square Garden. It was a college game between University of Alabama and University of Wichita. It was a final, but still not very crowded - the top 16 college teams have a championship as do the bottom 32. We were there to see the final of the bottom 32.



Basically we were sitting at the back... then there were about a hundred empty rows.... then there was everyone else. People had signs and were dressed up in team colours. They were cheering and screaming and booing!



The cheer leaders were a bit lazy to be frank. But still cool to see.



I was cheering for Alabama (because I'm practically a local over there, right?) N was next to me and had his Wichita ON. Fair enough given 90% of the stadium had their wheat yellow t shirts on and were ready for business. Yes - I said wheat yellow. The strangest thing was the Wichita mascot which appeared to be a walking piece of wheat. It was either that or a Bega Stringer Cheese stick...


R bought everyone hot dogs or pretzels. It was wonderfully disgusting.

The game was close, but in the end, Alabama lost - which is hard for me to repeat. The score was 55 to 66 from memory... may have added a few points here or there.

Anyway, while it was loads of fun and a fantastic experience I'm all depressed now because I lost. Guess I'm just to used to winning....

No comments:

Post a Comment