Thursday, November 17, 2011

US Open

To mark the end of my first US stint, I headed to the US Open early in the tournament before all of the nonsense with the rain. I had a general admission ticket and big dreams of all of the games I wanted to see.



I made it to the grounds in Flushing Meadows in one piece - beating the odds after missing my stop twice and spending some time wandering around random streets in Queens. I quickly found the Jelena v Jelena game and sat down to watch... stay awake.... stay awake.... stay awake.... Perhaps a hideously over priced bottle of water would help? Nope.

Sporting an intense sunburn from all of that napping in the sun I finally gave up and headed out of the stadium and to the park. I found a shady spot and happily watched the next game from the big screen. Ahhh this is the life. Now that was money well spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment