Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Fall in the park

Since returning to New York I have been anticipating Central Park in the fall. Lizard and I have been checking out the park on a regular basis awaiting the orange and red leaves. Finally, this Sunday, we were not disappointed.

We started the day with lunch at the Plaza Food Hall - this is a really cool place. I've been once before and this time Lizard and I were joined by two newbies. The hall is downstairs in the Plaza hotel. It is set up with a number of stations where you can see the chefs preparing the food. You are seated by a waiter and then can choose food from any of the stations. The waiters place the order with the respective food stations and when it's ready, bring you your dish.


The food is amazing! This time I had Greek yogurt granola - it was even better than my own breakfast yogurt combo. The others ordered butternut squash ravioli and burgers. Everything looked and tasted great. Of course, it was extra special because we watched it being prepared.
After eating Lizard and I headed outside, leaving the others to explore the magic of the Plaza. Across the road, Central Park park greeted us with gorgeous orange and yellows.


Of course Lizard forgot her camera and mine was on its last leg of battery. Typical!



It really was wonderful... It felt like the New York of movies.


Walking past a large group of eccentric rollerbladers and jugglers we were quickly reminded we were not inside a Mary Poppins remake.... Still, could not have been a more beautiful afternoon in the park. So now I have seen Fall in NYC I can happily say "bring on the snow!"

No comments:

Post a Comment