Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Columbia University

On Sunday I made the trip all the way uptown to Columbia University. I had not explored the Upper West Side and I certainly had not visited the Columbia campus before. In terms of New York universities, I have become accustomed to NYU. Not much of a campus university, NYU has buildings scattered across the city. In contrast Columbia has a campus on 116th Street and Broadway.


I was eager to visit, but not expecting much after my visit to Yale where the brandished wealth left me unimpressed.

I loved Columbia's campus. It was gorgeous. Gigantic buildings. Full of sunlight and space. Students perched on the library stairs have a view of the entire campus. I was impressed.


Noodle's and I spent some time wandering through the buildings. I took pictures of the campus in the fall and Noodle's played in the leaves.



I know Columbia as the campus from Gossip Girl - Blair, Nate and Serena have all studied there.


So after my trip to Columbia it was only fitting I should see Nate (Chace Crawford) at the shop under my building. He was buying an umbrella at the same time I was buying a punnet of blueberries!! As I was paying I kept looking over thinking "It's Nate, it's Nate!!" After I left the Duane Reade store I ran upstairs and called home. My brother answered and I told him 

Bro: That is cool
MeIt was the most amazing thing that ever happened to me!
Bro: Hahaha
Me: Um I mean celebrity wise..?

After all that wandering around uptown and Columbia I see Nate in my own apartment building. I guess that despite the beauty I discovered in the Upper West Side the Financial District is still the place to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment