Sunday, November 20, 2011

Let it snow

My first Saturday in New York I woke up to miserable weather. Argh. Freezing cold and rain. After some TV I headed upstairs to the gym and I picked a treadmill with a view out the window - another building - Manhattan is glamorous like that. As I stared out I saw it start... Snow. Snow. Snow!



I had planned brunch with some friends, but it was not a suprise when they rang up and cancelled. It was too cold to go out.

It was tempting to stay inside and watch it from my couch. But I just had to go out and experience it for real. It was horrid! Raining and snowing at the same time. I ventured up town to SoHo to try and buy some sort of weather friendly coat. I think what I needed more was weather friendly shoes. I was slipping and sliding all over the place. With the raining and the snow falling simultaneously it was just rotten.


When I got home I was cold and wet. It was tempting to cancel Halloween dinner with Liz - but no, we had to do something. We decided on pizza at Grimaldi's, known for having the best pizza in NYC. And obviously NYC is the birthplace of pizza so that means best pizza in the world.

The next day the weather was nice. Lizard and I ventured out to Central park to see if the leaves had turned orange. They hadn't. Disappointing, however it was cool to see the park after the blizzard.


It was an absolute mess and I had so much fun taking pictures of lumps of snow and fallen trees.

Me: How are we going to get past that fallen tree?
Lizard: We go under!
Me: It's dangerous...
Lizard: That kid is going under. Although he is wearing a crash helmet


It was lots of fun experiencing my first snow storm, however I am not sure if I will feel quite as affectionate next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment