Thursday, April 7, 2011

Taking Time to Lunch

So this evening Bolt, in Sydney, made the mistake of asking me what I have been eating for lunch (could it possibly rival Sydney's Buritto Tuesday??) Fantastic chance to tell her about the most magical place in the world... the Cafeteria.... Anyway, this is what I wrote to her:

It's just awesome! You have all these stations and they have different flavours each day. And there is this angry sandwhich lady who yells at people.. and you can get serve yourself starbucks... and you go up to the man at the station you want... and you say "I WANT EVERYTHING!!! Except the ONION!"
 and they make it for u right there and you queue up with your tray. And if you order a turkey sandwhich the lady tries to put like 5 inches of turkey.  And they have cookies and soup. And then you take your tray out to this room and you sit at the cool table... (its easy to be the cool table... you simply be the only table in the room who doesn't look suicidal.) Then the next day R says he wishes he could sit at the cool table with you and you say NO. Then you change your mind and say YES because he is a Cafeteria guru. And he knows about all the different foods there and can give you a play by play of what is available each day.

My favourite quote of the day was from a fellow Cafeteria fan... "I wish I could go to the markets on Thursday, but I can't, because I'd miss Pad Thai day at the Cafeteria." She is right there - its not worth missing. You can even have scallions - which seems to be some sort of a chive...

An important note: There are extacly three other people in the world who actually think the cafeteria is magic. Everyone else hates it. Everyone else is wrong.... obviously.

2 comments:

  1. You mean the Cove is fantastic! :P
    I love THE COVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that is why you are on the nerd table....

    ReplyDelete