Monday, April 4, 2011

Gossip Girl


On Saturday afternoon E, Pants and I went on the Gossip Girl tour. We admit it was geeky, so lets ust keep it between ourselves - we just had to see the city the way it was meant to be seen - through the eyes of our favourite Upper East Siders.... Right??

The tour started at the Plaza hotel where Serena lives. We jumped on a bus (oh how very Upper Class of us) and got set to tour Manhattan from the Upper East side down to NYU and the Village. Actually I learnt that the character who plays Eric Van DerWoodsen often hangs out in the area of the Village where I thought I saw him - he is studying at NYU.

We visited the GG school (actually filmed at two sights, a museum and a church). We also saw all of the character's favourite bars and clubs (all very exclusive of course!) Again, it amazes me how some of the best places in NY look like scungy garages from the outside!

I loved how emotional the tour guide was! "Does everyone remember Georgina? I hate her! I hate her... I call her Whore-Gina!!" and "Chuck and Blair forever - whoooooo hooo! I love Eva... but I feel so guilty all the time"

There were lots of GG facts and we learnt alot about how and where the show is filmed. Also learnt how to find out when and where it is filming... Looks like my new career as a New York Groupie is going to go well. Also got to watch heaps of GG clips with breaks for (window) shopping at Blair's favourite stores. We even got to stop at the place where all of Blair's headbands are from. But everybody knows - headbands are so high school.....

An interesting fact (well interesting depending on who you are) is that Ed Westwick's Chuck was supposed to dissappear after he tried to take advantage of Jenny on the rootop in the first season - however his character was so popular they asked him to return as a main cast memember. (That's right Dad - everybody loves Chuck!)

Just secretly, since coming to NY my all time worst character, Dan Humphrey, has become one of my most adored. This makes the whole "Hey there Upper East Siders" thing less fun to say... but I'm going to go there anyway... So here I go with a recount of my GG experience...

Hey there Upper East Siders

Gossip Girl here. Your one and only source into the scandalous lives of Manhattan's elite. There is nothing that I like more than a Saturday afternoon in Manhattan. Brunch at the Palace Hotel and you'll never guess who was spotted waiting outside? Dan Humphrey. Could it be that he has fallen for the hotel's favourite it girl, Serena Van Derwoodsen. Can't believe the love of his life has returned. If only she knew who he was. 


N and B seen hot and heavy in the halls of the Palace Hotel. Sparks were flying for sure. What about S? Careful N, Lonley Boy is waiting to pick up the pieces.


Word on the street is with her big brother off chasing S poor Little J has nobody to watch out for her. My sources tell me she was seen dumping yoghurt on B's head outside Constance Billard School. B should know by now, yoghurt on your Prada is so last season.


Spotted at her Upper East Side apartment - B scheming an attack. Careful Little J, B doesn't get mad - she gets even.


Some might call this a fustercluck, but on the Upper East Side, we call it Saturday afternoon. Who am I? That's one secret I'll never tell.

You know you love me.

xoxo

Gossip Girl





No comments:

Post a Comment