Sunday, February 27, 2011

Welcome to you from me (the Newbie)


It has taken me a while to get started on this blog because I am still finding my bearings. It would not be very Manhattan glamorous to write to post consisting only of stories about going into revolving doors in the wrong direction (lets blame it on my Australian charm) or being laughed at for saying strange things like "lift" instead of "elevator" and "nice shoes" rather than "cute shoes"... Everytime I use the word "appreciate" I still get a laugh. "You appreciate me? It sounds like you're saying that you like that I exist!"

So, now that I am starting to get comfortable in New York City I begin. (By comfortable I mean that I only get lost in the subway for an hour on Sundays).

But, let's be clear - It wouldn't be a blog about me, if I didn't mention falling over in the snow or slips of the tongue. Like the time I was silly enough to interupt two American girls who were talking about how terrible the chocolate crossaints were at a certain place. I asked "How can a chocolate crossaint taste bad?" They quickly explained that they were talking about the calories not the taste. That's why I love New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment