Monday, February 28, 2011

Gossip Girl

One of the most exciting things about my stay here so far has been spotting sights from my favourite TV shows. The fire escape stairs on the outside of the building still make me jump with excitment - "Oh my God! The Seinfield stairs!"... or driving past the Soup Nazi's shop... or seeing the Boathouse in Central park.

The best moments (of course) are recognising sights from Gossip Girl. Visiting Central Station, where Serena returns from boarding school in episode one, was fantastic. It is an amazing terminal. The ceiling is an incredible blue colour and the room is so grand. Its buzzing with tourists and travellers alike.

"Hey Upper East Siders. Gossip Girl here. And I have the biggest news ever. One of my many sources, Melanie91, sends us this: "Spotted at Grand Central, bags in hand: Serena van der Woodsen." Was it only a year ago our It girl mysteriously disappeared for "boarding school"? And just as suddenly, she's back. Don't believe me? See for yourselves."




Another Gossip Girl icon are the stairs of the Met. Pant's and I spent some time on the stairs, dreaming of gossip and admiring the iconic site. The houses across the street were also spectacular. I could imagine Blair strolling in and out of their doors in style. So amazing and so much fun to actually be there!

"Spotted on the steps of the Met: an S. and B. power struggle."





No comments:

Post a Comment