Saturday, June 25, 2011

Self Workout in the Park

(Note: this post should be dated May 7th 2011)

So I really didn't want to do Self Workout in the Park. I mean, a whole day of working out in Central park? I imagined old school athletics. Uh no. No way. Not for me, not today, not any day. 

The problem is, Noodles can be very persuasive... "Please, we can have Pinkberry afterwards" Dammit, I was sold. 

So Saturday I was up early and ready to go (somewhat reluctantly.) The weather was fantastic for it. I was meeting Noodles at 10:30am to register. 

Sadly, I'm still not a full fledged New Yorker and managed to get lost on my way from the Subway. By the time I arrived the queue was epic. Noodles was already in line and had passed the first security checkpoint.  If I wanted to join her at the front of the queue I was going to have to get past security - The guard tried to stop me from passing, saying: "Excuse me, can't you see this is a security check point?" I replied quickly and firmly with: "Excuse me, can't you see I'm on the phone".... "Sorry Ma'am, go ahead"






Woah... I was in. And it was amazing. Best day ever. The workout was made up of a series of 20 minute classes (Bollywood, Glee Club, Beach themed, Abs, Yoga).



Between each work out there was a five minute break to check out the samples. Picked up lots of freebies and snacks. Yum! 





Afterwards we walked back through Central Park...  




Caught up with Potato and L for dinner and found out they had spent the day trying to sneak into our Self Workout Event ... I guess they don't have my prowess when it comes to passing through security check points (wonder if the trick works at the airport). Noodles and I managed to convince them to come and see a chick flick "Something Borrowed"... Although, we had to lie to Potato and tell him it was "Fast and the Furious". It wasn't great. The best part was in the previews when the advertisement for "Harry Potter" came on and Noodles cried out "Suck it Voldemort!!!" Guess that means we'll be seeing Harry Potter next... 

No comments:

Post a Comment